To keep everyone safe, we have carried out a full risk assessment for the both the church building and the church centre. We have also carried out a full risk assessment for our Sunday Club for 4-12s. These risk assessments are available from the church office.
As a result of these risk assessments, we are putting in place the following measures for all our church services:
- We will ask everyone to sanitize their hands when they enter the building. The wearing of a face covering is compulsory unless someone has an exemption.
- We will also ask everyone to maintain 2m social distancing from other households/bubbles. To help with this we will have a one way system in place around the main church building.
- We will set out on pews service sheets spaced 2m apart. We are asking people only to sit in any pew where there is a service sheet.
- There will be no organised creche. We do however have bags of toys available for children aged 0-4.
- From Sunday 18 April there will be Sunday Club for 4-12s in the church hall. This will follow the government guidance for out of school activities for children.
- There will be no refreshments – please bring your own coffee!
- We will keep a record for 21 days of who has been at each service. As such, we will ask people either to leave their name and contact details or check in on the NHS App. If you are on the electoral roll, we will simply need to take your name.
We will also not be re-starting our Wednesday Smarties toddler group or our Tuesday coffee morning. We will only look to re-start these once we can do them in a way that is safe for everyone.
We recognise that some people will not want to join us for public worship at the moment. There is no pressure for anyone to do so until they feel ready and can do so safely.
Please note that anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or a loss of, or change in, their normal sense of taste or smell) should not attend. You should also not attend if you are self-isolating due to a possible or confirmed case of COVID-19 in your household, or because they have been requested to do so by NHS Test & Trace.